Responsible office according to the Data Protection Act, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is:
Bernd Siegmund GmbH
Landsberger Strasse 180
Phone: +49 (0) 82 03 / 96 07-0
Your rights as parties affected
You can exercise following legal rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer:
- Information about your data stored and processed by us,
- Correction of false personal data,
- Deletion of your data stored by us,
- Limitation of data processing, provided that we are not permitted to delete your data based on legal requirements,
- Objection to our processing of your data and
- Data transferability, provided that you have agreed to data processing or signed a contract with us.
Your consent declaration can be revoked effective anytime in the future.
Purposes of data processing by the responsible office and third parties
We process your personal data strictly for the reasons listed in the Data Protection Declaration. A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned does not take place. We only pass on personal data to third parties if:
- you gave us your explicit consent,
- it is necessary for order processing,
- it is required to fulfill a legal obligation,
- the processing is necessary to protect lawful interests, and there is no reason to assume that you have a protectable interest in non-disclosure of your data.
When you place an order, your data will be passed on to the credit insurance company Hermes.
Deletion and blocking of data
We abide by the principles of data avoidance and data economy. We store your personal data only for as long as required for the purposes mentioned here, or storage periods prescribed by the legislator. After completion of the individual purpose or expiration of the storage period, the data is routinely and according to legal requirements either blocked or deleted.
Collection of general data when visiting our website
When visiting our website, automatically general information is collected via Cookies. This information (server logfiles) may include the kind of web browser, the operating system, the domain name of your internet service provider and such. This is exclusively non-personal information.
This information is technically essential, to correctly deliver the requested contents and absolutely necessary when using the internet. It is specifically used for following purposes:
- Securing a problem-free website connection setup,
- securing smooth utilization of our website,
- analysis of system security and stability as well as
- additional administrative purposes.
Processing your personal data is based on your legitimate interest in above mentioned purposes of data collection. Your data is not being used to draw conclusions about your person. Only responsible parties and possibly order processors will receive your data.
This kind of anonymous information may be evaluated statistically, to optimize our internet presence and its underlying technology.
Like many other websites we also use so-called “Cookies”. Cookies are small text files transferred by a website server to your hard drive. Thereby we automatically receive certain data such as IP-address, used browser, operating system and your internet connection.
Cookies cannot be used to start programs or transfer viruses to a computer. The information stored in the Cookies simplifies navigation and the correct display of our web pages.
Under no circumstance will we share the collected data with third parties or create a link with your personal data without your consent.
You can certainly look at our website without using Cookies. Internet browsers are regularly programmed to accept Cookies. Generally, you can deactivate Cookies anytime via your browser set-up. Please use the help functions of your browser to find out how to change these settings.
Registration on our website
To be able to utilize our personalized services, we ask for some personal data such as name, address, contact- and communication data like telephone number and email address, at the time of registration. If you are registered with us, you have access to contents and services only offered to registered users. In addition, registered users can change or delete their registration data anytime, if necessary. Certainly, we will provide you with information about your personal data stored by us. On your request we will gladly correct or delete your data, if legal storage obligations permit it. If you would like to contact us in this matter, please use the contact dates provided at the end of this Data Protection Declaration.
Provision of paid services
To provide paid services we will need additional data such as payment details, to be able to process your order. We store this data until legal storage periods have expired.
In order to protect your data during transmission we use up-to-date technology and corresponding encryption procedures (such as SSL) via HTTPS.
Based on your expressly granted consent we will regularly send you our newsletter or similar information per email to your email address.
To receive the newsletter, you only need to provide your email address. The registration data to receive our newsletter will strictly be used for this purpose. Subscribers can also be informed about relevant conditions for this service or registration (for example changes to special offers in the newsletter or technical details).
For an effective registration we need a valid email address. In order to check if the registration was entered by a legitimate owner of an email address, we us the “double-opt-in” procedure. Thereby we record the order of the newsletter, sending of the confirmation mail and receipt of the requested answer. Further data are not collected and exclusively used to send the newsletter, and not shared with third parties.
You can withdraw your consent to storing your personal data, as well as its usage for sending the newsletter, at any time. In every newsletter you will find a corresponding link. In addition, you can unsubscribe directly on this website, or inform us using our contact information at the end of this Data Protection Declaration.
If you contact us per email or contact form with any questions, you give us your voluntary consent to establish contact. Therefore, a valid email address or telephone number is required. This information is used to allocate your inquiry and the subsequent answer. Providing us with additional information is optional. The information provided by you is used to process your inquiry or possible follow-up questions. After completion of your inquiry personal data are automatically deleted.
Use of Google AdSense
(1) This website uses the online advertising service Google AdSense, through which you can be shown banner advertisements tailored to your interests in order to inform you about our products. The advertisements are recognisable by the reference "Google ads" in the respective advertisement. The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR, i.e. the integration only takes place after your consent.
(2) By visiting our website, Google receives the information that you have called up our website. For this purpose, Google uses a short text in the source code of the website ("code snippet") to set a cookie on your computer. The above-mentioned basic data such as IP address and timestamp are transmitted. We allow Google to collect the information about you that is necessary for the appropriate advertisement, but otherwise have no knowledge about the scope of the data collection and storage period. If you are logged in with your Google account, your data can be directly assigned to it. If you do not wish your data to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out. It is possible that this data will be passed on to third parties and authorities to contractual partners of Google.
This website does not display any third-party ads via Google AdSense.
(3) You may revoke your consent at any time without affecting the permissibility of the processing until revocation. The easiest way to revoke your consent is via our Consent Manager or via the following functions: a) by setting your browser software accordingly; in particular, the suppression of third-party cookies will prevent you from receiving third-party ads; b) by deactivating Google's interest-based ads via the link www.google. com/settings/ads, which setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by disabling interest-based ads from providers that are part of the About Ads self-regulatory campaign via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, which setting will be deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling them in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers at the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this offer to their full extent.
Use of Google Ads
(1) We use the Google Ads service to draw attention to our offers with the help of advertisements. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a cookie in your terminal device. The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR, i.e. the integration only takes place with your consent.
(2) The advertising material is delivered by Google via so-called "ad servers". For this purpose, we and other websites use so-called ad server cookies, which can be used to measure certain parameters for measuring success, such as the display of ads or clicks by users. The Google Ads cookies stored on our website enable us to obtain information about the success of our advertising campaigns. These cookies are not intended to identify you personally. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (marking that a user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) The cookies set by Google enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Ads customer's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer will be able to recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and been redirected to that page. A different cookie is assigned to each Ads customer so that the cookies cannot be tracked across the websites of other Ads customers. Through the integration of Google Ads, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with Google's server. We ourselves do not independently collect personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures, but only provide Google with the opportunity to collect the data. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google that provide information about which ads were clicked on how often and at what prices. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising media; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(5) You may revoke your consent at any time without affecting the permissibility of the processing until revocation. The easiest way to revoke is via our Consent Manager or via the following functions: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular the suppression of third-party cookies will result in you not receiving any third-party ads; b) by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", www.google. de/settings/ads, deleting this setting when you delete your cookies; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulatory campaign "About Ads" via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, deleting this setting when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling them in your Firefox, Internetexplorer or Google Chrome browsers at the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent.
(6) Further information on data protection at Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street Dublin 4, Ireland, can be found here: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and services.google.com/sitestats/en.html.
Google Conversion Tracking
(1) We use Google Ads with the additional application "Google Conversion Tracking". This is a procedure with which we can check the success of our advertising campaigns. For this purpose, the advertisements are provided with a technical provision, e.g. an ID, with which we can determine how a user interacts after clicking on the advertisements and whether one of our services is actually used. This provides us with information in statistical form about the total number of readers of our ads, which ads are particularly popular and, if applicable, further information about consequences from the ad.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of your data is also in this respect Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR, i.e. the integration only takes place after your consent. You can prevent or no longer use the conversion tracking function in the same way as described above for Google Ads.
(1) We use Google Ads with the additional application "Google Remarketing". With this procedure, we can create advertisements based on existing information about you and address you again during your further internet use. This is done by means of cookies set when you visit our offers (usually by cookies), via which your usage behaviour when visiting various websites is recorded by Google and evaluated in pseudonymised form. According to its own statements, Google does not combine the data collected in the course of remarketing with your personal data, which may be stored by Google.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of your data in this respect is also Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, i.e. the integration only takes place with your consent. You can prevent or no longer use the remarketing function in the same way as described above for Google Ads.
Web tracking using Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web tracking service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google"). The purpose of our use of the tool is to enable analysis of your user interactions on websites and in apps and to use the statistics and reports obtained to improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(2) We primarily collect the interactions between you as a website user and our website using cookies, device/browser data, IP addresses and website or app activity. Google Analytics also collects your IP addresses in order to ensure the security of the service and to provide us, as the website operator, with information about which country, region or location the respective user comes from (so-called "IP location determination"). For your protection, however, we naturally use the anonymisation function ("IP masking"), i.e. Google truncates the IP addresses by the last octet within the EU/EEA.
(3) Google acts as an order processor and we have concluded a corresponding contract with Google. The information generated by the cookie and the (usually shortened) IP addresses about your use of this website are usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and processed there. For these cases, Google has, according to its own information, imposed a standard on itself that corresponds to the former EU-US Privacy Shield and has promised to comply with applicable data protection laws in the international transfer of data. We have also agreed so-called standard contractual clauses with Google, the purpose of which is to ensure compliance with an appropriate level of data protection in the third country.
(4) The legal basis for the collection and further processing of the information (which takes place for a maximum of 14 months) is your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR). Revocation of your consent is possible at any time without affecting the permissibility of the processing until revocation. In apps, you can reset the advertising ID under the Android or iOS settings. The easiest way to revoke your consent is to use our Consent Manager or to install the Google browser add-on, which can be accessed via the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en/.
Use of script libraries (Google Webfonts)
In order to illustrate our contents correctly and graphically appealing, regardless of the browser applied, we use script libraries and font libraries, for example Google Webfonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/
). Google Webfonts are transferred to your browser cache to avoid multiple loading. If the browser does not support Google Webfonts or prevents access, the contents will be illustrated in standard font.
The selection of script libraries or font libraries automatically establishes a connection to the server of the library. Thereby it is theoretically possible – at this time also unclear and for what purpose – that servers of libraries gather data.
Please find the Data Protection Policy for the Google library server here:
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps API to visually display geographical information. While the visitor is using map functions provided by Google Maps, this data is collected, processed and utilized by Google. Detailed information concerning data processing by Google is provided by the Google data protection statement
. You can also change your personal data protection settings at their data protection center.
Detailed information about data management of your personal data when using Google products you can find here
Imbedded YouTube videos
Some of our websites are imbedded with YouTube videos. Carrier of the corresponding plug-ins is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. While visiting a website equipped with the YouTube plug-in, a connection with YouTube servers is established. Thereby YouTube is informed about the pages you are visiting. When you are logged in your YouTube account, YouTube is able to assign your YouTube behavior to you personally. This can be prevented by logging out of your YouTube account beforehand.
While a YouTube video is started the server collects information about user behavior by activating Cookies.
You don’t have to expect Cookies while watching YouTube videos, if you have deactivated the Google-Ad-Program responsible for saving Cookies. However, YouTube also files nonpersonal user information in other Cookies. You can prevent this from happening by blocking the saving of Cookies in the browser.
Please find further information regarding data protection offered by “YouTube” at: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Tracking your activities using the Facebook Pixel (Facebook Custom Audiences)
a) We use the so-called "Facebook Pixel" of Facebook Inc. ("Facebook") on our website. This allows interest-based advertisements ("Facebook Ads") to be displayed to users of our website when they visit the social network Facebook or other websites that also use the method. Through the Facebook pixel, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge: Through the integration of the Facebook pixel, Facebook receives the information that you have clicked on an ad from us or called up the corresponding website of our Internet presence. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook or have not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider will learn and store your IP address and other identifiers.
With the use of the Facebook pixel, we pursue the purpose of displaying Facebook ads placed by us only to those Facebook users who have also shown an interest in our Internet offer. With the help of the Facebook pixel, we would like to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of the users and do not have a harassing effect. Furthermore, with the help of the Facebook pixel, we can track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad. The legal basis for the use of the Facebook pixel is your given consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
You can object to the use of the Facebook Pixel at any time by using the following opt-out option
Third-party provider information: Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Changes to our Data Protection Declaration
We reserve the right to modify this Data Protection Declaration to always comply with the current legal requirements, or to implement any changes of our services in the Data Protection Declaration, for example the introduction of new services. For your next visit the new Data Protection Declaration will be taking effect.
Questions to the Data Protection Officer
Please send us an email with any questions regarding Data Protection or contact our Data Protection Officer directly:
Bernd Siegmund GmbH
Data Protection Officer Mr. Stefan Haugg
Landsberger Strasse 180
This Data Protection Declaration was compiled using the Data Protection generator of activeMind AG.